Give respect to the people that show us the courtesy of coming to you.
Always pay respect to your visitors and guest when they come into your world. You can be guarded and gently understand that they may have other ideals, and ideas of why they came to see you, but go beyond you internal feelings and become welcoming. Be ethical, be understanding, be cordial, be classy because you never know when you will become their guest in the future and hope that one treats you as well as you treated them. Just remember people usually come to support you and your endeavors, the ones whom did not believe in your abilities already let you know, but trust me when you do your very best at everything you do it can be seen first hand. Be the change you want to see in the world and inspire others to be their best too.
How do you build trust between two or more organizations?
There is always an inference and fostering of competition between tribes (companies), but there are two answers or descriptions that I can think of at this time. They can be described in these types of scenarios.
- Internally there is you’re a main tribe (your company) an all-encompassing group of people, and then further down the line there are these mini cultural tribes working in clusters doing their functions to make the tribe works. Examples would be, artist working with artist, marketers working with marketers, engineers working with engineers, coaches working along with choreographers and so on and so on. They all work together for a common top goal, may it be a show, or a successful sporting competition, or a wicked campaign to succeed in helping education for kids. That common goal does good for the tribe and as long as they communicate positively and have positive interactions between one group to another they homogeneously develop team support and a healthy work environment is built to succeed. Work becomes fun and focused fun attracts others to want to join. The divisions within the tribe feel like the can embrace one another’s achievements and as successful as one section feels the tribe all benefit from the feeling of success. That’s fun, that’s how we grow exponentially, and that’s how we gain trust in our clients, our consumers, and especially our people and the future.
- The laws of attraction are within all of us. It is possible to focus the team and their abilities if you let them see and derive a clear picture to where we are going. Great leadership is very influential and very compelling. Select your team wisely, select great people who fit your tribe, and select their abilities to drive hard and solid, select the people who have that internal passion and are willing to drive the tribe forward to new horizons. Select members that will shine within the team that build the confidence and courage of others to progress their abilities over and over again. Leaders bring out the best in not just one member of the tribe, but bring out the best in all the persons. We all have our strengths so lets use them to our fullest ability.
Be mindful that it is when we become pitted against one another that it can become dangerous.
Jealousy, Hatred, Envy can be the most destructive powers a tribe can ever face. We are all accountable for these feelings, but we are all responsible for our own actions. Yes we want to be the best. We want to leave a legacy behind that people will not forget. Listen, the most successful companies in the world till this day are obsessed with Abundance. They get it! They know that the tables can turn very fast, and well that feeling that there is enough for everyone to share is true. There is enough abundance of wealth for us and there is enough for our competitors. Look at Pepsi and Coke for instance, they both have a massive market share in the soft drinks industry, yet one does not satisfy the needs of others. Some people say Coke is the winner, some people say Pepsi is the winner. Of course capitalism is strong within our hearts, but honestly we have changed our direction and focus and are in competition with ourselves, and with not with our competition. We do not need to expend that energy to try to keep up with Jones Family in our company structure. I hope other people or companies in our industries succeed. It is hard for the status quo to understand that greed is not the forefront in the minds of our companies leaders. We have the intent to guide our workers, our contractors, our clients and patrons to a positive outcome. We have no desire to do things second-rate. We are an effective team because we worry not about our competition but we worry for our tribe. The respect the knowledge we gain from our accomplishments we share our experiences with our tribesmen, clients, patrons and the youth. I truly believe that the very best organizations are not setting out trying to kill their competition, more they are just like us try to make themselves better. If a company goes under it is the survival of the fittest and the laws of life take place. We all have a chance to do things right and at the best of our abilities.
A retrospective of what I have learned when being a part of a massive tribe.
Sitting and transpiring in my head I think to myself of the past and resonating in my mind how I have listened to business owners, and general managers who have said in passing, “we want to take them out of the game”. As much as I have been tempted in the past to be lead down the dark side of this path because in my opinion it is the easy way to get ahead in life and well it goes against every grain in my body. I can tell you from watching and learning karma is going to catch up with that type attitude to anyone that plays that way. I believe in free enterprise, I believe in FairPlay, I believe in inspiring others to make this world a little bit better than they found it. I believe in giving to society what is really the important to a tribe, Honesty, Integrity, Courage, Love, Understanding.
As I think even deeper on other side of the flip side of the coin I have had the chance to sit in the schooner bar on the Independence of the Seas when I worked for Royal Caribbean with Bankers, Presidents and C.E.O.’s of fortune 500 corporations having drinks and I learned that these people are in it for the win with the team. They are in this game to make the world a happier place, for people to enjoy, and to be able to leave a legacy for others to cherish when they are gone. The focus is being the best, the focus is bringing the best product and service to the market for people to enjoy, the focus is one fun.
I was at a company conference and listening to the keynote speaker talk loud and clear about the company message, its products, its services and I listen to people cheers for the speaker so many times for the companies achievements. Not once in the whole speech did the people in the seats a mention of the competition. All they keynote speakers cared about was about becoming better as a company and doing good for the people. Honestly it was so inspiring and motivational. Watch what goes on when you focus on the whole tribe and the little bits and pieces that build it together, and don’t lose your energy on the competition. Take the time and invest in how you can help others become better. If you can help educate people and expedite the way they learn effectively and efficiently don’t hesitate. If you can entertain the fact that you can make life fun, easier and more entertaining because you have a team that makes people feel good, go for it. If your competition does a great job its cool to commend the competition if you see they make a positive impact to the people is being made. It’s great because helping the world become a better place is the key.
You can be better at being better
Remember this, “You can be better at being better’. We all have the ability to have constant improvement in our management skills of constant improvement.
- This is how it’s going to be!
- You don’t need to tell the world or your friends or family but every single morning you have to tell yourself exactly how it’s going to be!
- You have to know exactly how you want your life to be and who you want to be and then get to work and create it!
- You tell yourself how it’s going to be by writing down your goals every single morning and night!
- You tell yourself how it’s going to be by visualizing your goals, dreams and achievements every morning!
- You tell yourself how it’s going to be by saying it to yourself throughout the day so you drown out your fears, doubts and negativity that would love to see you fail.
- You tell yourself how it’s going to be by getting out of bed before 5am and showing the universe you are serious about your life and goals!
- You become more powerful than you can ever imagine when you finally decide exactly how your life is going to be and who you are going to be…you become unstoppable!
When we work with our team we need to Listen and we need to Do!
There are two things when working in a team setting that I think is key, and all the parties involved are responsible. Lets just say for instance we have two people Oli and J.J. It is the responsibility of J.J. to speak up and be heard, on the other hand it is the responsibility of Oli to listen a lot more. It is an obsession for Oli. to do the right thing for J.J., and to help everyone around him. Sometimes his words can come across aggressive, assertive, and passionate. Sometimes the J.J. and the people around him believes him, and sometimes they are cynical, and sometimes they are all proven wrong and feel shocked saying “wow that really was good, love the suggestion”. Hey I think it is not his responsibility to look after everyone, it’s everyones responsibility to look after each other. If we keep waiting for Oli to come up with all the ideas as he will always be coming up with ideas. I think in scenarios like J.J. and Oli both sides will benefit more is if she tries to figure out more things and communicate efficiently. I had a great coach remind me once how vital to let people try to figure out techniques or puzzles even if you know the answer or solution. If feel it is really important to let people try to use their brain power and minds to grow purely. If there is a moment that pain, hurt, or being unsafe during the doing phase in the process of learning it is really the time to step in and help out.
Well that’s about it, little random about tribes and ideals and I hope it can help you understand us a little bit better. Take the info and I hope your business will benefit with these little tidbits of info just a little bit. Happy Friday everyone, all the best you guys and thanks for reading.
Over and Out!