JOURNEY HAS NO LIMITS
The ongoing journey towards sustainability is a never-ending one—‘Better’ is always on the horizon. On our own journey towards being better we believe that we have an obligation and a responsibility to drive better practices in sourcing and manufacturing products globally. We believe in building shows, events, productions and services with the environment in mind. By using effective and efficient policies and practices we ensure our sustainability to help the world as much as we can.
The belief of sustainability and being environmentally conscious has led us to our role working along with foundations and like-minded people and corporations established with commonly held metrics for measuring the progress of brands, suppliers, buyers, and theaters. Positive progress comes from when everyone is guided by a shared vision and goals.
- Fair treatment, fair pay and respect for the local environment in the communities that build and produce our products, also whom perform our services.
- Designing for the smallest footprint in the highest performance products and serviced possible.
- Identifying opportunities to minimize waste by maximizing systems, and material efficiencies, finding the best outcome for the products and waste materials we can’t use.
- Identifying opportunities to save time that dont’ having an adverse affect on our environment.
- Responsible and efficient use of water and energy.
- Going Above and Beyond Compliance A-B-C’s
- Sourcing the best products and materials for each application, and banning the use of materials and deadly chemicals known to be harmful to people and the environment.
- Striving to find the highest use for materials at the end of life. The three R’s Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Ongoing collaboration with other companies and their brands and suppliers, focusing towards a more sustainable future with best practices for people and products to evolve.
Initiating positive change across our list of suppliers, materials, and designs takes time & teamwork. We at SeaJo Productions and Entertainment are fiercely committed to constantly improving our systems while also sharing our learnings with other brands. When we’re all working towards a better world, be it manufacturers, parts suppliers, athletes, dancer, singers, musicians, circus acts, when we are all on the same page and we all focus on the mission together we all win.
Through the creation of the Higg Index, the Industry Associations, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and other wonderful organizations we are affiliated with we are working to create standards for sustainable practices across the entire product life cycle from raw material to end of life. This is really important to our sustainability and growth of a company. We want to do good. We know we can be good stewards of our world by doing best practices and great planning.
We are equally as dedicated to applying the principles of collaboration both at home and to the communities where are products are produced. As founding members of the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry, Labor Pilot, we are collaborating with a coalition of leading brands and suppliers to create shared standards, specifications, techniques, equipment, tools, and a shared supplier database via the Fair Factories Clearing House.
We are also working with the Entertainment Industry, also Product & Supplier Associations to help make recommendations to the industries on best practices in sustainability and fair labor practices for now and into the future. We believe in fairness and we believe in people doing great things, and we especially believe in trying to do our very best at saving our world from climate change. We all need to do our part.